Independent dispute resolution for companies self-certifying to the trans-Atlantic data transfer framework
Does Your Company Work in Europe?
Comply With EU and Swiss Privacy Protection Requirements
Via The Insights Association Privacy Shield Program
Research and data analytics companies have expanded obligations to protect the personal data of Europeans as they face increased monitoring and stronger enforcement by the US Department of Commerce and the Federal Trade Commission.
The EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks enable US businesses to receive and process personal data from EU countries and Switzerland after self-certifying adherence to the requirements of the Frameworks, including the protections set out in the Privacy Principles. A company's public self-certification to Privacy Shield through the US Department of Commerce ensures that European organizations and consumers know your business provides adequate protection of personal data.
The Insights Association is here to offer our member companies the guidance they need to understand and meet the requirements of the Privacy Shield Frameworks.
"Participation in the Privacy Shield Program provides an additional measure of assurance that we are able to comply with personal data transfer requirements of the EU and Switzerland. Additionally, it enables us to better indicate that our policies and procedures for data transfer from the EU to the US are in compliance with the changes to the EU data privacy regulations. I’m very pleased to have the help that the Insights Association has provided. The benefits, especially for a smaller research organization, are significant."
- Rich Berke, Vice President of Finance and Legal Affairs, HCD Research, Inc.
You should explore this program if your company:
- Operates in Europe or Switzerland and/or collects EU/Swiss customer or employee data
- Processes EU/Swiss data in the US for a business partner that adheres to the Privacy Shield
- Handles the personal data of EU/Swiss individuals
The Insights Association Privacy Shield Program offers:
- Comprehensive regulatory and compliance support to members self-certifying to the Privacy Shield Frameworks
- Dispute resolution facilitated by the International Centre for Dispute Resolution/American Arbitration Association (ICDR/AAA)
- Guidance through the registration and self-certification process with the US Department of Commerce
By participating in the Insights Association Privacy Shield Program your company:
- Complies with the third party dispute resolution and enforcement requirements of the Privacy Shield Frameworks
- Has certainty regarding the legality of transfers and/or processing of Europeans personal data
- Demonstrates to business partners your commitment to protecting the data of EU and Swiss citizens
- Builds trust with clients and with research participants.
Why should your company choose to participate in the Insights Association Privacy Shield Program?
- The Insights Association knows your business
- The Insights Association is always available to provide guidance to our members
- The Insights Association supports your understanding and implementation of the Privacy Shield self-certification process
- Independent complaint handling by the International Centre for Dispute Resolution/American Arbitration Association (ICDR/AAA)
Please contact Juliana Wood, Director of Certifications & Training, with any questions.