To benefit all participants, individuals violating the rules/guidelines below may have their content reclassified or removed from the Insights Association website, or their membership/participation revoked.
Although the Insights Association does not censor or screen individual messages, the following types of speech are not permitted:
- Personal attacks.
- Unsolicited commercial appeals or promotions. However, the posting of commercial appeals or promotions in response to legitimate member inquiries is allowed as a member service.
- "Sham spam" or fake postings designed to set-up or elicit a commercial appeal or promotion.
- Messages regarding commercial disputes. While Insights Association's website is an acceptable place for commentary on the general performance of vendors, it is not appropriate to initiate commentary regarding specific business or legal disagreements. One or two appropriately worded comments are within bounds; intemperate remarks or the simple repetition of the same criticisms will be regarded as a form of personal vendetta and the subscriber, once warned, can be removed. Participants should privately resolve their business or legal disagreements.
- Discussion of prices or fees that you pay or charge the customers or suppliers with which you do business, the terms on which you do business with them or other third parties, or other competitively sensitive aspects of your individual business operations. It is also a violation of the Insights Association policy to suggest what your or others' policies should or may be on these subjects.
- Commentary unrelated to research or marketing.
In addition, the following rules will be enforced:
- Do not republish the content of messages without permission of the message author and the Insights Association.
- Announcements of available short-term and fill-in contract positions, or your availability for these types of roles, should only be posted to the "Jobs" section.
- Do not post copyrighted material in a discussion or as a resource unless you have permission to do so.
- Avoid one-line posts such as: "Thank you." or "Me too." If your post doesn't add value, don't send it. (Example: Don't send a "thanks" message. Send something like that directly to the person you're thanking.)
- Use proper capitalization in your messages. WRITING MESSAGES IN ALL CAPS IS THE EQUIVALENT OF SHOUTING.
- Use meaningful, descriptive, accurate and intriguing subject lines.
- Be courteous to other forum participants.
- Do not post private email messages to the Insights Association's social media forums without the author's permission.
- Spell-check and reread your messages before posting.
The Insights Association may disclose user information to government authorities at its discretion or when required by law. The Insights Association also may disclose user information when it has reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with its rights or property, other Insights Association members or participants, or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities. By using the Insights Association's website, you agree to indemnify the Insights Association, its employees, representatives, and agents, and hold them harmless from any and all claims (including claims for legal fees) which may arise from your participation in this LinkedIn group. You also agree that Insights Association is not responsible for the materials posted by members and participants. In addition, you grant the Insights Association and its affiliates royalty-free perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any message or content posted on the Insights Association's website (in whole or in part).