Crain Associates Research LLC is based on a guild business model. We offer all of the services provided by most conventional research firms internally and through a network of highly experienced associates. -- web surveys, focus group moderation, in-depth interviewing, phone surveys, mail surveys, desk research and secondary analysis and data modeling.
Our particular strength is in combining data from multiple sources to assess market direction. Every product or campaign launch is subject to the "context" in which it occurs. It is critical to understand this context and how it affects products and messaging.
Another key difference is that, as a virtual business, we can conduct our work faster and at a much lower cost than conventional firms.
Why save money for clients? We feel that rising costs have caused many companies to cut corners on research. We want to empower our clients to do more with their available budget, and do it right.
Recent projects include:
* Understanding customer purchasing plans and channel preferences during the holiday shopping season
* Women's attitudes toward retirement planning
* Energy management in corporate data centers
* Growing membership in a retail energy cooperative
* Satisfaction among Federal program managers with logistics services
* Endoscopes: emerging technology and changes in their use in oncology
* Assessing/forecasting growth in demand for coffee in fifteen countries
Tools: SPSS and R, including segmentation; standard regression, logistic regression and probit models; pricing models; choice-based conjoint; econometric models, etc. We have conducted work in more than 60 countries.