REVISED DATE! The Insights Association New England Chapter will be hosting our Annual Conference on September 3, 2020.
We have an exciting new location in the Seaport District of Boston, a bustling hub of innovation!
Theme: INNOVATION Our goal for the conference is to have speakers who demonstrate how embracing innovation has made an impact on their organization, their clients, the industry, their career, etc. We are also looking for those who have innovative ideas that, although in the incubator stage, have great potential to revolutionize our industry.
Merriam-Webster’s Dictionary defines “Innovation” as the introduction of something new; a new idea, method, or device. Innovation, for its part, can refer to something new or to a change made to an existing product, idea, or field. In the Insights profession, innovation is one of several buzz words. We are highlighting industry leaders who will share how they have innovated market research, or how they have used market research to guide and shape brand innovation. Industry leaders who are risk takers and are pushing the envelope in introducing innovations that may change our industry and brand innovation in the near, mid-term and distant future.
Conference date & location: Thursday, September 3, 2020 at District Hall. Location information can be found at: https://districthallboston.org/ Click here for a virtual tour: https://districthallboston.org/host-an-event/
Here is a taste of what you can expect from our great speakers:
- Annie Corbett, Sarah Drury, and Greg Roble of DraftKings will share how they’ve innovated on the way they build products to better delight sports fans;
- Jacob Finch at SharkNinja and Rich Armstrong at My-Take will discuss how they accurately predict winners and losers in the product development process;
- Rob Volpe of Ignite 360 promises a lively presentation on the dark side of innovation;
- Kathryn Korostoff at Research Rockstar will give an overview of the current methodologies every market research professional should know; and
- Patricia Montesdeoca of Zappi will share her perspective on how innovation requires transforming the way you approach consumers, brands, and research.
The final session line-up will include a combination of sessions with immediate practical value, topics that will question assumptions and broaden our thinking, and presentations that demonstrate the use of innovative tools/methodologies.
The organization: The Insights Association New England Chapter offers educational and networking events with practical applications that address pressing challenges and expand our thinking as a profession. Our conferences have been called a “must-attend” event for New England market researchers. These conferences often sell out, with close to 180 New England research practitioners in attendance!
Who will be attending? New England-based companies, educators, market researchers and insights professionals from a range of industries (including Energy, Financial Services, Healthcare, IT, Professional Services, Publishing, Retail).
Pre-conference date & location: Wednesday, September 2, 2020: Pre-conference workshop from 3-6 pm at District Hall and cocktail networking at Gather (https://gatherboston.com/about/) from 6 - 8pm.