On June 13, 1957, the Marketing Research Association (MRA) was incorporated in the State of New York. Originally known as the Marketing Research Trade Association, the organization's name was officially changed in 1970. Two years later the first conference was held in Forest Hills, New York and in 1978, the first of MRA's 12 Chapters was founded.
Today the Marketing Research Association is a professional association with a full-time staff and headquarters in Washington, DC. MRA is the leading and largest association dedicated solely to promoting, unifying and advancing the insight, opinion and marketing research profession. MRA accomplishes this by vigorously supporting and advocating for our members' professional growth and success by providing nearly 100 products and services to the research community, including effective advocacy before government officials.